Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Afternoon Tea at Tortworth Court

(Source)
The other day for my mums birthday treat me, my brother and my mum went to Tortworth Court for afternoon tea. This truly amazing place is in Wotton-Under-Edge not far from where we live and has beautiful grounds. The afternoon tea was £16.95 per person and for that price you get an unlimited supply of tea (I stuck to Jasmine Petals and Pearls Green Tea) and all little cakes and finger sandwiches. It doesn't look much but by god does it fill you up! The room where we sat an ate was a little back from the main room for dinners and was filled with books to give a library impression. I'm a person who loves old mansions and history and this place was right up my street. All the old features still remain and was absolutely gorgeous. The food was excellent with a mixture of scones, varieties of finger sandwiches, lemon drizzle cake and many more. We ended up taking home a doggy bag as we couldn't eat it all and was too nice to waste! 

Here are a few snaps from that afternoon...







I would recommend going to at least one afternoon tea session in your lifetime as its just so relaxed, civilised and just generally lush! I would happily go and again even if its to a different place!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Georgina Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig